Pure nature, herding, simplicity.
If you are looking for a real horse-adventure in the Icelandic wilderness and prefer untouched, stunning nature over luxury, this is your tour! In true Icelandic style, you will be driving a free running herd of horses through vast grasslands, stony mountains and a moonlike volcanic landscape towards the glacier. You lead the herd across rivers and explore new tracks, as the old ones may have vanished in the last winter.
During the long days on the back of the powerful and tough Icelandic Horses, you will discover breathtaking places that only a few Icelanders know about and experience the peacefulness that comes from travelling in total harmony with nature.
In the evenings, simple but cosy mountain huts and a hearty Icelandic dinner will await you. Surrounded only by the tranquillity of the highlands, you will go to bed truly satisfied.
This trip is a high standard riding adventure you will never forget. We are happy to make a special agreement with you, in case you would like to arrange your own transfers or hotel in Reykjavík.
Daily riding distance
Around 25 – 40 km
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Transfer to and from Reykjavík (public bus)
- All ground transportation throughout the riding tour
- Full board during the riding tour, starting with a light meal for lunch on day 1, ending with breakfast on day 8
- 3 nights in Hestasport Cottages (2-4-bed rooms, shared facilities)
- 4 nights in Mountain Huts (sleeping bag place, sleeping bags are provided)
- English and / or German-speaking guides
- Helmets, raingear, saddlebags
- Accompanying service carrying luggage, food, etc.
Not included in the price
- Transfer to and from Iceland
- Riding breeches, boots, jackets, gloves
- Alcoholic beverages
- Accommodation in Reykjavík (but bookable on demand for an extra charge)
Individual travel insurance is not included in the tour price. We encourage clients to obtain relevant travel insurance before visiting Iceland.